Search This Blog

Saturday, December 7, 2013

End of the First Week of Advent

Is it my imagination or does time really seem to fly - this was a very short week with many happenings. My determination to get down to writing during Advent seems to have been a weak one but I still have hope. I know that once I get started again on this book, I will be writing all the time. I just seem to resist the starting and find all these things that must be done first. Today we also remember Pearl Harbor and all who have lost their lives in our armed forces. Let us pray for peace!

Here is the next extract from the Holy Father's Apostolic Exhortation:

8.
Thanks solely to this encounter – or renewed encounter – with God’s love, which blossoms into an enriching friendship, we are liberated from our narrowness and self-absorption. We become fully human when we become more than human, when we let God bring us beyond ourselves in order to attain the fullest truth of our being. Here we find the source and inspiration of all our efforts at evangelization. For if we have received the love which restores meaning to our lives, how can we fail to share that love with others?


II. The delightful and comforting joy of evangelizing
9.
Goodness always tends to spread. Every authentic experience of truth and goodness seeks by its very nature to grow within us, and any person who has experienced a profound liberation becomes more sensitive to the needs of others. As it expands, goodness takes root and develops. If we wish to lead a dignified and fulfilling life, we have to reach out to others and seek their good. In this regard, several sayings of Saint Paul will not surprise us: “The love of Christ urges us on” (2 Cor 5:14); “Woe to me if I do not proclaim the Gospel” (1 Cor 9:16).


We have much to reflect on with these thoughts. I ask myself if I am experiencing this liberation?
How am I called today to reach out to others and seek their good? Lord, help me to be concrete about this!
I really love thinking about "goodness always tends to spread." That is a good motivation for practising random act of kindness!

No comments: