Search This Blog

Monday, December 30, 2013

How are you reviewing your year?

It is good to review the year and there are many ways to do it. How are you looking back on these past twelve months? We do this to get a good picture of what our life looks like and, I hope, it is looking at these months with the eyes of Jesus. He will then point out to us the good things we have done and help us to see how to make next year better.
I look back over the monthly reviews that I have made in my Journal and this helps me to remember things of the past year that I might forget. I also take time to think of the people who are important in my life. Well, the truth is that I am battling a serious cold that has me feeling wiped out and so I am just going to take today and do nothing.

Here is something I copied and you may reflect upon:

If our greatest need had been information,
God would have sent us an educator.
If our greatest need had been technology,
God would have sent us a scientist.
If our greatest need had been money,
God would have sent us an economist.
If our greatest need had been pleasure,
God would have sent us an entertainer.
But our greatest need was forgiveness,
so God sent us a Saviour.
-Roy Lessin
For unto you is born this day... a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. Luke 2:11

No comments: