Search This Blog

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Fishing


All of us are like boats our on the lake, but are we fishing?

When I contemplate this picture, I am just sitting in my boat and lost in the beauty around me. I am no longer in competition to catch fish; I am just enjoying the fact that I am out on the water and it is quiet and peaceful and God is very present.

The Sunday Gospel has the disciples of Jesus ready to go away as they cannot believe that Jesus is the Bread of Life- that they are to eat His flesh and drink His blood.. Jesus asks them, "Does this shock you?"
When many leave, Jesus asks the twelve, "Do you also want to leave?" Peter is quick to answer for them: "Master, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life."

We all need to trust Jesus and believe in Him. We may not always understand, but we do believe in His Presence, and He comes to us in a special way each time we receive Him in the Eucharist.

How did the Heart of Jesus feel when so many walked away? How does He feel now when I am walking with Him or do I sometimes walk away? Thank you, Lord, for the gift of faith!

No comments: