Search This Blog

Monday, August 31, 2015

Prayer at odd moments

 
 
 
When we go to pray, we find Jesus waiting for us. He also waits for us in all the odd moments when we remember to turn to Him. One of my wise and holy spiritual directors told me that it is good to have a walking prayer that one can say just going around the house. I have used different ejaculations and now find myself often just saying, "This is for You, Jesus" as I go clean up after someone or push in a chair, set the table, etc. It is a different kind of prayer but puts me in contact with Jesus and I feel His love. Remember we go to prayer to let God love us. The key is to remember His presence in our lives and turn to Him. He is always waiting for us and is never bothered by our "made up, spur of the moment" prayers.

No comments: