Search This Blog

Friday, August 14, 2015

Picture Prayer



It seems that pictures are leading me into prayer and reflection. I am also trying to hear Jesus ask me the same questions He asked others when He was with His apostles. That reflection is caused by the book we are going to be using for my reflection group. The group chose John Dear's "The Questions Jesus Asks" and we begin with "What are you looking for?"

The picture above keeps speaking to me. Obviously, the two chairs comfortably situated in shallow water to keep us cool make me think of a spiritual direction session where one helps another to respond to what the Lord is asking or just serves to help one grow in relationship to Jesus. Then there is the boat in the distance that keeps drawing me to long to "go out into deeper water."

No comments: