Search This Blog

Thursday, June 16, 2016

A Day Drinking in the Beauty of God's Creation




Today, after Mass, I went with my brother, John, and my sister-in-law, Anita, to Santa Cruz and then to Pebble Beach for the famous 17-Mile Drive. This is one of the most famous scenic drives in the world. There are about twenty-one signposts with stopping places along the 17-Mile Drive. I was lost in the beauty of the blue ocean on one side and the wonderful forest that lines so much of the road. There are also some very large private homes along the way and a few golf courses. The Pebble Beach Golf Links is the most famous as it has hosted five U.S. Championships, with a sixth slated for 2019. 
It was a joy for me to show John and Anita the Villa Maria retreat house where I have made so many retreats during the past twenty-five years; it is a sacred place for me. If they send me the pictures they took, perhaps they will appear in a future blog. We had lunch at the Crow's Nest and were able to eat outside on the glassed sided porch overlooking the ocean. It was a windy day but sunny and not a cloud in the sky so the views of the ocean all day were spectacular. The Pacific is so blue.
This is not a very spiritual blog, but I drank in the beauty of God's creation all day and wanted to share it with you. I hope to share the pictures soon but do remember that I am taking a bit of vacation while getting settled into my new home. It was a fun day, and one that I will remember for a long time.

No comments: