Search This Blog

Saturday, August 12, 2017

A Help for Prayer


I am trying to choose pictures that may make you feel cool if you are where there are heat waves this summer. We are even finding a few hot days in California, but have such splendid weather all year that no one can complain.
I am sure I have mentioned a song that we sing often here; it is just a little verse but I find myself repeating it whenever I wake at night, after receiving Communion, before and during all sorts of things. One of our nuns at an earlier General Chapter taught it; she is now in Indonesia but was born in India, I think.
Her little song seems to be based on something I saw quoted by Thich Nhat Hanh in We Walk the Path Together by Brian J. Pierce, OP :
"Breathing in, I calm my body.
Breathing out, I smile.
Dwelling in the present moment,
I know this is a wonderful moment."

Our little song is:
"Breathing in, breathing out,
I am calm, I am smiling,
You in me, I in You,
Present moment, wondrous moment,
Peace to the world, peace to the world."

The line added "You in me, I in You" often sends me into prayer so I am passing this on to you.

No comments: