Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

How I spent the last week


It seems that everyone wants me to share some of the highlights of the past week. My brother and sister-in-law arrived on Sunday late afternoon so we sat in the patio to talk and then had supper together and took a walk around our beautiful grounds afterwards and then to bed.
Monday we joined the community and staff to watch the eclipse and so only left for Half Moon Bay around 11:00; we met my nephew and his wife there for lunch outside looking at the bay at Sam's Chowder House - a great choice! Then we all went back to Oakwood and talked in the patio until we found ourselves being served supper out there for all five of us. My brother could not get over the wonderful staff we have here and how they did everything to make him feel at home and he appreciated the special care given to them. Tuesday we went to Stanford; Wednesday we left for San Diego knowing that we would make it a two day drive as we wanted to visit Hearst castle for a tour after we had eaten our picnic near the ocean. The tour took over two hours as there is a movie shown before the tour. The drive down is gorgeous and it was easy to pray among such beauty. I love the mountains and the ocean so it was truly breath-taking to see both and then we had lunch Thursday with their neighbors who come our every summer. After lunch, we drove the rest of the way to San Diego and then met my sister and brother-in-law for dinner on Coronado. I stayed at our community from Thursday night to Monday morning but was with family all of Friday and most of Sunday. I did go out with one of our younger nuns for lunch on Saturday and some sight-seeing. I went to Mass at the University of San Diego and then out to dinner with two of the community. Sunday I had brunch at the Golf Club on Coronado then went back to my sister's condo on the ocean. There was a Mexican wedding on the beach right in front of us that afternoon
I was really tired and happy to be home, but have great memories. One thing that has stayed with me is a line from the first reading for last Sunday from Isaiah 22: 23 "I will fix him like a peg in a sure spot, to be a place of honor for his family."
I seem to keep hearing "I will place her like a peg in a sure spot" and wonder if the Lord has placed me like a peg in Oakwood and maybe I am called to be fixed like a peg in the Heart of Jesus.

No comments: