Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Feast of the Queenship of Mary


Do you ever watch flocks of birds flying? I love to watch sea gulls. Sometimes there are hundreds of them flying but they are quite good at navigating and do not bump into each other. I think they are an example of teamwork, also, as they even take turns leading and I have never seen them fight while flying. 

I do not know where all that came from but today is the Feast of the Queenship of Mary. The Collect for the Mass says: "O God, who made the Mother of your Son to be our Mother and our Queen, graciously grant that, sustained by her intercession, we may attain in the heavenly Kingdom the glory promised to your children."
Let us pray to Mary and for our world.

I leave tomorrow with my brother and sister-in-law to drive to San Diego. I will be back on Monday, August 28, and posting my blog at least by the 30th.

No comments: