Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Ten Ways of Nourishing an Interior Life


Someone gave me a paper after I came home with ten ways of nourishing an interior life as exemplified in St. Madeleine Sophie's life and teachings. I am going to copy them for you and hope you reflect on ways of nourishing your interior life today.
1. Pondering the words and rites of the Liturgy
2. Loving and celebrating the cycle of feasts and seasons
3. Savoring the words of Scripture
4. Choosing some practices to enhance your inner world
5. Delighting in beauty, nature, animals
6. Attending to heart movements
7. Deliberately choosing solitude and silence
8. Talking about prayer with trusted others
9. Writing letters as a spiritual practice
10. Living deliberately through times of inner chaos

These seem still valid today but each one will have her own way of deepening her or his interior life. I love just to sit in front of the Blessed Sacrament and let God love me!
I am pondering the one of "attending to heart movements."

No comments: