Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Accept what the day brings

There are many things that we cannot change but only accept. If I get up and it is sunny, I thank God for the good weather. If I get up and it is raining, I thank God for the rain that waters the trees and flowers. I cannot control the weather; I just accept it. If I accept with gratitude, it makes a difference in my attitude toward the new day. I guess the point I am trying to make is that we are happy when we learn to accept what we cannot change. We need to learn to accept the ups and the downs with calm, good humor, and even gratitude.
Taking a deep breath is wise advise. Slowly exhale and let out all the tension you might be feeling. Take time today to do something that relaxes you. I also think we need to stop reading every story of bad news; scan them, if you need to, and then just let God take care of the many who are suffering, but prayer for all the brave helpers, nurses, doctors, health care workers, those who are making sure we have food to buy, etc. We have so much to be grateful for each day even during this pandemic.

We are candles burning, sometimes sputtering, sometimes steady, with the same task as the stars in their majesty making light.

Elias Amidon


No comments: