Search This Blog

Monday, June 22, 2020

God's longing and our longing

What better way to enter prayer on the first day of the retreat than to pray over the Scripture suggestions: Isaiah 55: 1-3. 10-11;
Ps 63: 1-2; and Ps 42:1-2, 7-8 -

As the deer pants for living water, so my soul pants for You, O God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God;
When shall I come and appear before God?

Deep calls to deep at the sound of your waterfalls;
All your breakers and your waves have rolled over me.
The Lord will command His loving kindness in the daytime;
And his song will be with me in the night.
A prayer to the God of my life.

"So what difference does it make how you pray provided your heart is seeking the One you love?" St. Madeleine Sophie

" Be still and know that I am God" Ps 46:10

No comments: