Search This Blog

Saturday, June 27, 2020

Vulnerability continued

This is the Infant Jesus that we have here in the Oakwood Chapel at Christmas. I think his outstretched arms are asking for us to pick Him up and love Him. Jesus was a real baby and vulnerable as all babies are. He needed and still needs our love. 

I am still on the second day of the retreat and the topic is still our relationship with God but thinking now of vulnerability as a place of God's grace. 
Here is a quote from Brene Brown that I think important:

"In our culture, we associate vulnerability with emotions we want to avoid such as fear, shame, and uncertainty. Yet we too often lose sight of the fact that vulnerability is also the birthplace of joy, belonging, creativity, authenticity, and love."

The reflection questions that Sister Kathy Conan gave us are:

Have I had a moment or moments in my life when I was stopped in my tracks, my plans... and that this "moment" became a time of God revealing Godself or leading me in a new way?


No comments: