Search This Blog

Monday, July 27, 2020

Monday Morning Musing

I believe I have mentioned that I am now using Becky Eldredge's The Inner Chapel: Embracing the Promises of God for prayer or at least I read a bit each day. I am finding it helpful. Becky is a spiritual director steeped in Ignatian spirituality. It is an easy book to use and I think it would be helpful to all. I love the idea of going into our inner chapel each day and Becky has some great reflection questions and some of my favorite passages of scripture suggested for further prayer. The book was published by Loyola Press, 2020.


Am I being too brief in these summer blogs?
I had a great thought from our prayer this morning. It comes from the Jesuit meditation that we have been using since we do not have Mass.
"We are in relationship. God's love flows only from the love that we receive from God first. And then only can it flow to everyone we encounter. It cannot be contained."
Before that we heard that the challenge of a loving relationship is to allow yourself to be loved.

No comments: