Search This Blog

Thursday, January 28, 2021

Keeping a Journal


 I am one who has kept a Journal for years. I usually write everyday but lately I just have been writing a review of the week. This happened because I finished one Journal and thought I would wait to start the next since it was almost the date of my Guided Imagery. For some reason, I have not returned to daily journaling. So, I went back to a book I have on How to Keep a Spiritual Journal by ronald Klug. 

Here are two questions that may get me started again if I take my new Journal to the Chapel today:

1. What changes would I most like to see in my life? (Even as I copy that question I know I would prefer to think of all the things I am grateful for in my life!)

2.If you knew you had only one year to live, what would you do with that time?

I am not sure that these questions are really going to get me going again, but sometimes I just write a note to Jesus to tell Him what I am thinking? Or tell Him what someone needs, or just thank Him for so many good things that are happening, or ask Him what He wants me to do tomorrow, etc.

Now, I hope I have motivated myself to begin again and perhaps you also will keep journaling as it is a big help and can lead to real spiritual growth if you try to make it more of a prayer journal. 

No comments: