Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Sometimes what we plan is not what God plans


 In the first Tablet of 2021, I read this quote that I think worth passing on today, It is from Edith Stein who took the name St. Teresa Benedicta of the Cross.

"Whatever did not fit in with my plan did lie within the plan of God. I have an ever deeper and firmer belief that nothing is merely an accident when seen in the light of God, that my whole life down to the smallest details has been marked out for me in the plan of Divine Providence and has a completely coherent meaning in God's all-seeing eyes. And so I am beginning to rejoice in the light of glory wherein this meaning will be unveiled to me....

"When night comes, and you look back over the day and see how fragmentary everything has been, and how much you planned that has gone undone, and all the reasons you have to be embarrassed and ashamed: just take everything exactly as it is, put it in God's hands and leave it with Him. Then you will be able to rest in Him - really rest- and start the next day with new life."

This is helping me so I hope it also is a help for you.

No comments: