Search This Blog

Sunday, January 17, 2021

Second Sunday in Ordinary Time


 I am late again but I did listen to a great homily on today's readings by Bishop Barron. You can find him on YouTube, but Helen McLaughlin sends me his sermons from Scotland! He gives a great homily so I suggest you check him out.

The reading for today are from the first book of Samuel, 3:3-19; Psalm 40; First letter to the Corinthians, 6:13-20; and the Gospel is John 1:35-42.

Today we have God calling Samuel who is living in the temple but does not recognize the voice of God. Finally, after the third time when he runs to tell the high priest, he is sent back to bed with the message of being open to God, ready to listen.

In the Gospel, Jesus calls Peter. Do use these reading for prayer. I am due elsewhere so much stop.

No comments: