Search This Blog

Friday, January 22, 2010

Books are such a comfort...


Today I am giving into the cold I have been fighting all week and going to go back to bed to take a nap. My head cold is just one of those colds that is probably "a week coming and a week going" as a practical nurse at Clifton used to tell me. You can feel miserable, but there is really nothing to do except try to rest and drink lots of fluids. I am grateful that I can take it easy and just enjoy some light reading. Kim King taught me to call this "comfort reading" and that name says it all. It is good to always have a few old favorites that are really "comfort reading" stashed away for a lazy Friday afternoon.
I was startled to find out that this day has been designated by the U.S.Bishops as a "day of penance for violations to the dignity of the human person committed through acts of abortion, and prayer for the full restoration of the legal guarantee of the right to life."

No comments: