Search This Blog

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Jesus is still out there among the most needy

This is taken from one of my students in the International Online Certificate Program as they are reading Dorothy Day. He also sent a picture of Christ in a bread line that really was impressive:
"Dorothy Day is often compared favorably with Mother Teresa of Calcutta, and I was reminded while reading The Long Loneliness of this adaptation of the prayer of St. Francis of Assisi associated with the latter:

Lord,
When I am hungry, send me someone to feed;
When I am thirsty, send me someone who needs a drink;
When I am cold, send me someone to warm;
When I am sad, send me someone to cheer;
When I need understanding, send me someone who needs mine;
When I need to be looked after, send me someone to care for;
When I think only of myself, draw my thoughts to another.
So let us pray as though everything depends on God, and work as though God depends on us for everything. Amen.

No comments: