Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Positive Thinking


This week's America" reviews a book that finds positive thinking dangerous. The book is "Bright-Sided: How the Relentless Promotion of Positive Thinking has Undermined America" by Barbara Ehrenreich. I do not think I will be reading this book, but the review did interest me. I suspect that I have been influenced by this, but I am one who values positive thinking and find that my identity may be connected with it. I am an optimist; I want to bring joy to others. I am a cheerful, happy, peaceful person and want others to be cheerful, happy, and peaceful, too. I do not like to think negative thoughts. It is true, I want people to be real and suffering is a very real part of our daily life in this world. I do not want to deny the dark side, but I still want to look on the bright side.
Today is my sister's birthday. May it be a happy one for her. Is that an example of positive thinking?

No comments: