Search This Blog

Monday, January 24, 2011

Sacred Heart of Jesus, to your joy I unite myself



Those who know the Litany of the Sacred Heart used in the Society of the Sacred Heart will also know that I am inventing my own invocation since I am praying about joy, the joy of the Risen Jesus, these days. It seems to me that God wants us to enjoy life and help others to find joy. Remember I find this quote from our foundress, St. Madeleine Sophie, to be one of my favorites: "Be simple, be humble, and bring joy to others." Others give me joy every day and I see how God sends us joys even when there are difficult moments or when we would feel so down after reading the news - our papers are so full of bad things that happen in our world that I think we need to form the habit of looking for good things each day and be grateful for them. Gratitude leads me to joy!
To add to my joy, I am off to a contemplative retreat today until Thursday with some of the faculty and staff of our school. We are going to West Palm Beach to a retreat house and will be hearing more about Sacred Heart Spirituality and Contemplation and will be doing some Centering Prayer together during our three days there. I have scheduled my blogs ahead so I will not be missing a day. Look for news of the retreat when I return!

No comments: