Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

God is in His heaven, all's right with the world


Sometimes when I see a beautiful sunset or sunrise, the line "God's in his heavens, all's right with the world" pops into my head. It must be a line I learned once and probably is from Wordworth but I would have to go look for it and have not the time. The point is that it helps immensely when one reads all the bad news that comes to us each day via newspapers and television to have a line pop up that tells me God is here and the world is continuing; the sun rises and the sun sets and God is in charge so trust and be at peace.
I have perhaps mentioned a way that helps me to confide the world to God. I hold a small glass globe with the continents of the world etched on it; I keep it next to my prayer chair to I can pick it up and with my finger trace the continents and pray for each by entrusting it to God. He made this world of ours and I count on God to take care of it even with all the ways we seem to do damage because our free will is a gift that God will not take back but will make all well in the end. I really believe in Julian of Norwich's revelation that "All will be well, and all will be well, and all things will be well."

No comments: