Search This Blog

Monday, May 23, 2016

Be Joyful!



We must put our whole heart into our work but leave the outcome to God. He alone knows whether is better for me to succeed or to fail. If I have done my best, then my heart is filled with joy and I leave the result to Him. This is easier to say than to do, at least for me. Reverend Mother de Lescure says, "Let us recall that when we are working in souls, it is not only us but the souls also who are concerned. How do we know whether such and such a success would not do more harm than good?"

"And thus we see that neither our sins, nor the slowness of our progress, nor our neighbor, nor our work may be allowed to cause any sadness in our souls. Like St. Paul we say, 'To them that love God all things work together unto good.' Let us always possess this cult of Christian joy and never insult our God by appearing less happy than those the world has caught in its net."

No comments: