Search This Blog

Friday, May 27, 2016

Slow down




"Let your heart be more attentive than your head for the Holy Spirit is love, and to take hold of her, it is more important to love than to understand. We do everything at top speed, and I am not sure the Holy Spirit can act at that pace." St. Madeleine Sophie

I drew this saying sometime ago at a prayer service and think of it often for I am one who may plunge into something without thinking or giving the Spirit time to act and guide me. Today, I shall try to keep my heart more attentive than my head.

I am thinking of something that John Henry Cardinal Newman wrote:

"God has created me to do Him some definite service; He has committed some work to me which he has not committed to another. I have my mission - I may never know it in this life, but I shall be told it in the next....Therefore I will trust Him, whatever, wherever I am....He knows what He is about!

No comments: