Search This Blog

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Last Saturday of May

Saturday came so quickly this week.
Tomorrow is the feast of the Body and Blood of Christ. It used to be celebrated on Thursdays with
a Procession of the Blessed Sacrament, but now, at least in Miami, we celebrate it on Sunday. In Rome, it was on Thursday and the Pope gave a beautiful homily.
It is a beautiful feast and has its own sequence. I will copy just one verse here:

Very bread, good shepherd, tend us,
Jesu, of your love befriend us,
you refresh us, you defend us,
Your eternal goodness send us
In the land of life to see.

May we spend time preparing for this feast by thanking Jesus for the gift of His Body and Blood.

Next Saturday I shall be flying to California to live at Oakwood. The whole community goes into retreat on Sunday so my first week will be in silence. I am very happy about that as I will have those days to talk with Jesus and settle into my new life at our retirement home.

No comments: