Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Boundless Compassion

I bought a copy of Joyce Rupp's latest book: Boundless Compassion: Creating a Way of Life. It is a six-week personal transformation process for developing and deepening compassion. I am not really beginning to use it as I need to spend time still with the Guided Images of my retreat, but I will be using the book in February. What I have been looking at and will share with you are some of the great quotes that seem to introduce each day. Here is one from Ilia Delio's book on Compassion: "Compassion is a thread that binds together the deepest centers of life beyond borders of race, gender, religion, tribe or creature." 

Awareness, Attitude, Action are the three essentials that "comprise the movement of compassion." 

Just something to think about today as you go about your daily duties. 

No comments: