Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Steer the ship of my life....


We have been preparing for a special Chapter in 2021 by thinking of images to describe how we find ourselves in the Society of the Sacred Heart, and then how we see the Province, our Region, and the International Society of the Sacred Heart. I have been doing this personal reflection for some weeks now and keep getting images of different boats in the ocean. Today I want to share a prayer from St. Basil of Caesarea:
Prayer for Guidance
"Steer the ship of my life, good Lord, to your quiet harbor where I can be save from the storms of sin and conflict. Show me the course I should take. Renew in me the gift of discernment, so that I can always see the right direction in which I should go. And give me the strength and the courage to choose the right course, even when the sea is rough and the waves are high, knowing that through enduring hardship and danger we shall find comfort and peace."


No comments: