Search This Blog

Saturday, September 19, 2020

Even darkness in no darkness with the Lord

 Yesterday we looked at the beginning of Psalm 139 and saw how we are known and loved by God. Today, in verses 6-11, Woodhouse tells us that "the psalmist's imagination takes flight as he goes to the farthest places, beyond all limits. But in being known and held, there is no boundary." I shall copy the verses here:

Where can I go then from your spirit? Or where can I flee from your presence?

If I climb up to heaven, you are there; if I make my grave my bed, you are there also.

If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,

Even there your hand shall lead me, your right hand hold me fast.

If I say, surely the darkness will cover me and the light around me turn to night,

Even darkness is no darkness with you; the night is as clear as the day; darkness and light to you are both alike.



No comments: