Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 30, 2020

First full day of Quarantine

 Yesterday we were told by the County Health Department that we must stay in our rooms for 28 stays in strict quarantine - even paper plates, cups, throw away utensils. I do not think I mind staying in my room as long as none of the 50 of us gets sick; so far, I think it is two staff members who tested positive and so this quarantine is to keep all of us well. Since I love silence, solitude, prayer and reading, I think it is not so hard for me to stay in a very small space, but I did have a hard time getting to sleep last night so I guess it was thinking of a whole month - I am hoping it will not be that long or that we will at least be able by turn to walk around the patio. I guess I will need to do some exercises in my room.

Now, this is the week of the Angels and so I am preparing for the Feast of the Guardian Angels on First Friday, October 2 which was also my mother's birthday. I used to send my Guardian Angel to be with my mother on her birthday as I was in Chile for 20 years and could not be with her. 

The prayer for Friday's Mass is: "O God, who in your unfathomable providence are pleased to send your holy angels to guard us, hear our supplication as we cry to you, that we may always be defended by their protection and rejoice eternally in their company." 



This is something I read this morning that I want to share:

“I need to worship because without it I can forget that I have a Big God beside me and live in fear. I need to worship because without it I can forget his calling and begin to live in a spirit of self-preoccupation. I need to worship because without it I lose a sense of wonder and gratitude and plod through life with blinders on. I need worship because my natural tendency is toward self-reliance and stubborn independence.

John Ortberg

No comments: