Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 23, 2020

"My soul clings to You..."

 I  continue to use the Psalms for prayer these days. Sometimes the responsorial psalm comes alive for me in the daily readings for the Mass we do not yet have and I am missing, but often I just go to one of my favorite psalms. Here is a bit from Psalm 63:

O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek You; my soul thirsts for You;

My flesh faints for You, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.....

Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips shall praise you....

When I remember You upon my bed, and meditate on You in the watches of the night....

In the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy.

My soul clings to You; your right hand upholds me.


We are all thirsting for the Lord. Let us seek Him today in all we meet and let us sing for joy for the Lord is near and He loves us with a steadfast love. 




No comments: