Search This Blog

Saturday, May 15, 2021

Eve of the Ascension


 I was thinking about how the Apostles felt when they saw Jesus ascending into the sky; I guess they felt very much as we do when we realize the loss of a friend, mentor, loved one, etc. They had seen Jesus come back to life and appear to them on several occasions. I know that they rejoiced when He was with them, but now Jesus leaves them again. What is different for them? I guess the fact that Jesus again tells them that they have a mission. They are to go out to the whole world and preach the good news, baptizing in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

I am praying for the Holy Father, for the Church, and especially the Church in the United States. Our Bishops seem to be divided and that is not coming from the Holy Spirit. We are all the Church and need to pray for our Bishops, our pastors, and ask the Holy Spirit to enlighten them and unite them in love.


No comments: