Search This Blog

Thursday, May 20, 2021

Testing and thinking about Pentecost


 We continued to be tested ever other week or more if we have been out to the doctor or dentist. We are still eating two at a table, but I think June will bring us some relaxation since all of us have been vaccinated. I will have two visitors tomorrow afternoon. I think they now need to bring proof of their vaccinations. I am looking forward to seeing them in one of our new parlors that were just finished when we began the quarantine. It will be from 2:00 until 3:00; the morning hour is not available as we are having another funeral tomorrow. As you can see, we are still leading very quiet lives, but do have a thirty minute reunion on Mondays which is good for announcements, too.

This Sunday is Pentecost and I feel the presence of the Holy Spirit whenever I sit down to write this blog. Today I am prompted to share with you the two Entrance Antiphons for the Mass:

"The Spirit of the Lord has filled the whole world and that which contains all things understands what it said. Alleluia."

or "The love of God has been poured into our hearts through the Spirit of God dwelling within us, Alleluia."

Both could be used to help us prepare for this great feast!

No comments: