Search This Blog

Sunday, May 2, 2021

Fifth Sunday of Easter


 The Gospel today is one of my favorites: John 15: 1-8

"Jesus says to his disciples: :I am the true vine, and my Father is the vine grower. He takes away every branch that does not bear fruit, and every one that does he prunes so that it bears more fruit. You are already pruned because of the word that I spoke to you. Remain in me, as I remain in you....." 

The second reading is from the First Letter of John 3: 18-24

"Children, let us love not in word or speech but in deed and truth. Now this is how we shall know that we belong to the truth and reassur our hearts before him in whatever our hearts condemn, for God is greater than our hearts and knows everythig. Beloved, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence in God and receive from him whatever we ask, because we keep his commnadments and do what pleases him...."

Both of these readings merit praying with today and pondering in our hearts. 

No comments: