Search This Blog

Friday, May 7, 2021

First Friday of May


 Sometimes it helps me to pray to think that I am meeting Jesus who is just waiting for me. I do not imagine the well, but do invite Jesus to have tea with me. It is easy to talk to Jesus and He is a great listener. I think the gift of imagination is important for prayer, especially when we are not able to just be quiet. I can also imagine Jesus sitting with me in my room and talking with me about all that happens here at Oakwood. 

Jesus is interested in every detail of our lives. He may know it, but He still likes us to tell Him how we feel, what is going on in us, what we may fear or feel uncomfortable about and He listens and gives us His peace. Try talking to Jesus about everything today - I began with frustration as I could not get past my screensaver on my computer this morning. I guess the Holy Spirit prompted me to reboot and lo and behold, all worked perfectly. 

Many are preparing to celebrate Mother's Day and I am spending a bit of time with both Mary and my mother who is in heaven watching over her children. How grateful I am for my mother who was always there for me. 

No comments: