Search This Blog

Monday, August 23, 2021


 Here we have a picture of a built on top of a rock. I am not sure how this was possible and do not see any easy access. However, I think I would have loved to spend some time in a little house with a tremendous view of the ocean around me. I think the person who lived there must have been a holy hermit. 

To go  back to my retreat, I did continue to pray over my Goals. The third one is "Strengthen the bonds of community" and I think I really do try to do that here, both in Westwood and in the larger Community of Oakwood. I am not one who goes around visiting others in their rooms, but I do try to be friendly with all and sit with different people at meals, take part in reunions, parties, etc. However, it was also good to revisit this Goal in prayer and go through the list of people here to see if I am being called to do more. What happened in prayer is that I thought of other "communities" that I feel I also belong to and need to consider if I am helping or hindering growth.

I am convinced that discernment is a way of life for me and I need to pray and discern more even about small things in my daily life. I also hope to help communities to discern together. I remember doing this in Chile and I still think it is important.

Sometimes we go through all the steps of the discernment process and then forget that the last one, having the discernment confirmed, is essential. 

The children are back but we have not seen any here yet. I did have a good visit with a college student who was my senior here for weekly visits two years ago and we have been keeping in touch.

No comments: