Search This Blog

Saturday, August 14, 2021

Eve of the Feast of the Asumption of Our Lady into Heaven


 Theologians say that it was fitting that God would take Mary to Heaven after her death as she is the mother of Jesus Christ who is both God and man. That is why we also speak of Mary as the Mother of God. She is our Mother, too, and has a maternal love for each of us and watches over us.

I often here her say to me when I pray to her about some decision to be made: "Do wahtever my Son tells you to do." Those were her words at the wedding feast when she noticed that there was a need; she still notices what I need and tells me to go to Jesus and do whatever He tells me.

What I wrote for August 15th was published by mistake on August 5 so you may want to go find it tomorrow. I was in a hurry to schedule the week ahead as I will be in rertreat until the 16th!

No comments: