Search This Blog

Friday, August 20, 2021

Today we had our first "Outing"


 One of the lovely things about Oakwood is the Thursday outing that may be only once a month or sometimes almost weekly. These "outings" usually are in our van that can accomodate two wheelchairs, and six other residents plus the driver and Life Enrichment Director. We have not had any sign-up sheets for outings for over a year so I was delighted to sign for a picnic near the water where we can watch the planes landing across the bay at the San Francisco airport. Unfortunately, the park is not open so we went instead to a rustic restaurant about an hour away but through lovely redwood groves and very winding roads. We elected to sit outside under the trees in front of a small waterfall. It was very relaxing and we had a good time and arrived home by 2:00 so it was just over three hours but it was enough and I actually found myself feeling sleepy; I do not take naps but did doze off in my chair, I think, for a few minutes.

I will continue to share my Goals tomorrow as I need to write some emails tonight. 

No comments: