Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 18, 2021

"I feel the winds of God today"


 I promised to share after my wonderful week of retreat at Villa Maria del Mar. I do have some pictures but need to remember how to get from my phone to computer to blog so that will be another day. This is a busy week! I like to come out of retreat with leisure but I found many things waiting for me here at Oakwood. That is why I did not write yesterday. 

The first thing I want to share is a poem, really the words put to an English Tune by Jessie Adams in 1906. It was saved between my Constitutions and the Supplement that I keep in the original case. I do not know where I got this, but it really spoke to me and so I want to share it with you.

I Feel the Winds of God Today

I feel the winds of God today, today my sail I lift

Though heavy oft with drenching spray, and torn with many a rift

If hope but light the water's crest and God my bark will use

I'll seek the seas at God's behest, and brave another cruise.

It is the wind of God that dries my vain regretful tears

Until with braver thoughts shall rise, the purer, brighter years

If cast on shores of selfish ease or pleasure I should be

God let me feel Thy freshening breeze, and I'll put back to sea

If ever I forget Thy love and how that love is shown

Lift high the blood red flag above, it bears Thy name alone

Great pilot of my onward way, Thow wilt not let me drift

I feel the winds of God today, today my sail I lift.



No comments: