Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 24, 2021

What if God spoke to you?


The title for Chapter 6 in Walking with Ignatius is "Sharing the Way to God" and it begins with two questions: "What if God spoke to you?" and "What would he say to you?"

With these two questions, the new Universal Apostolic Preferences of the Society of Jesus were introduced. The first one aims to show the path of God via the Spiritual Exercises and discernment. It then goes on to say why this UAP comes first. It speaks of God's continual dialogue with human beings and history. "God speaks to those who want to begin a dialogue with Him...If you allow God to speak to you, you realize that he has something important to tell you."

I have found that I often begin a letter to Jesus and then wait until I hear Jesus trying to tell me something. Maybe it is jjust using my imagination, but usually I find that God works through my imagination often to tell me something. Today, take time to think about what God might be saying to you!

No comments: