Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Each person is a mission


 Today I am sharing a quote that someone gave me from Pope Frances that intrigues me. 

"Each person is a mission, planned by the Father to reflect and embody, at a specific moment in history, a certain aspect of the Gospel."

I do not know who gave it to me or where the original quotation was taken from, but I am wondering what aspect of the Gospel I am reflecting and embodying at this moment in my history. I know that I find myself sailing on a calm sea with Jesus and I am grateful that we are together and that He knows where He is taking me. I find that the solitude we have had because of  regulations for retirement communities to keep us safe, has given all of us here more time for prayer and reflection. I am so grateful that we have been spared and pray that we continue to be safe.

I will close with this quote that is so full of wisdom: "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change...the courage to change the things I can....and the wisdom to know the difference."

No comments: