Search This Blog

Friday, August 13, 2021

God prepares a place for each of us


 This picture seems to me to be an invitation to walk through the arch and sit on the bench and just contemplate the wonderful creation around me and thank God for His many gifts.

I often talk about keeping a gratitude journal because I firmly believe that God likes to be thanked and when we are grateful, we are also joyful. Try it and see. St. Ignatius of Loyola really wants us to begin the daily Examens by recalling what we are grateful for during the day - both mid-day and evening. He said that if a Jesuit was not able to make meditation, he should not fail to make the examen. 

The Ignatian Examen has five points: Prayer to the Holy Spirit to see the day as God sees it; thanking for all the gifts received during the day; examining how I have responded to whatever has happened in my day; prayer for forgiveness for my lack of whatever ( forgetting to follow the inspirations of the Holy Spirit, or  some impatience, or any lack of love, etc.) and finally a resolution to do better tomorrow! It is a powerful prayer and helps us to see God's action in our daily life and helps us to respond with love and gratitude.

No comments: