Search This Blog

Thursday, June 16, 2022

Entering the Society of the Sacred Heart


 Seventy-two years ago, soon after my 19th birthday, I entered the Society of the Sacred Heart. I had to travel to Kenwood in Albany, New York overnight to enter for the Feast of the Sacred Heart. I had finished two years of college, but others were older. In the East, most of the novices had finished college before being allowed to enter. I have never regretted that I entered young, but I would now hesitate to encourage others to enter before finishing college or having done some sort of work. I will be celebrating next December 15 seventy years from my first Vows; one other Sister from my vow ceremony is still alive, but has spent her religious life in Taipei. I should try to contact her.

Now, for another good quote from Mother Stuart that brings peace:

"In trouble or perplexity Mary is the home of peace to the soul, and rules her whole household in peace. What is contrary to peace is contrary to her, and must give way before her."

I count on Mary to bring peace in the Ukraine without having to give up land to Russia.

No comments: