Search This Blog

Friday, June 17, 2022

Living in the Presence of God


 As a Religious of the Sacred Heart, I am called to live in union and conformity with the Heart of Jesus. I am struggling still to remember that we all live in the presence of God; we are never alone. I have all Three Persons of the Blessed Trinity dwelling in me. I am the one who is not present to this Divine Life in me. One of the blessings of these years here at Oakwood is that we do have time to seek silence and solitude just to be with God. I am sure this must be easy for some, but I am usually preoccupied with something I need to do or think that I need to do and forget about this constant presence of the Holy Trinity in me. I am now reflecting on this quote from Mother Stuart:

"Thinking of Our Lady's interior life, it is difficult to put it to ourselves in any other form than that she lived in the presence of God. That was the atmosphere that surrounded everything she did, every word she uttered and her every thought."

No comments: