Search This Blog

Saturday, June 11, 2022

Writing a Review of the Month



Usually I try to write my monthly review at the end of the month or at least during the first days of the new month. I must confess that this month is flying by so fast that I still have not written a review for May. The month certainly started on a high and ended on a high. Now I need to go back and review the time in between. I know that I returned from the wonderful week end away on May 1st full of joyful memories of Yosemite! I ended the month with a marvelous birthday and the decorations are still on the door of my room! And I still have not thanked everyone who wrote to me for my birthday, but I am working at that.

One of the nice things about being 91 is that it is quite acceptable to slow down. Sometimes  I find myself just sitting and doing nothing and I do not feel guilty about this. I still do not turn on my TV, but last night watched the news with the community in Westwood and decided it was much better to just get the news on my I-pad as there were so many commercials. Today, I will be writing a review of May and, I hope, finish my thank you notes to so many dear friends.

I will end with one of my favorite quotes from Mother Stuart for you to have something to reflect on:

"Yes, do be a saint; why not? What else is worth living for, caring about; and every little thing in the day may help you on towards it, if you will look at it on the right side as coming to you from God."
 

No comments: