Search This Blog

Sunday, February 27, 2011

St. Madeleine Sophie


Sometimes I feel that Saint Madeleine Sophie is so near to me. I find her sending me to read again some of my favorite quotes. Today, I will share with you a quote from our document from the General Chapter of 2008. It is taken from the section on Contemplation that begins: "Today, as women rooted in the heart of Christ, we reaffirm our heritage of contemplation that springs from 'a compelling love written in our hearts by the Spirit.'"

It tells us a bit later in this section that "we are called to stop, to choose silence and to open and let ourselves be opened to our inner depths where the Spirit of God allows us to feel, see and understand life and reality with God's heart. When we allow our bodies to be silent, our senses awaken and we are able to hear the voice of the Spirit within us. Then in the secret place of the heart the Spirit gradually transforms our feelings and responses, and draws us into an intimate relationship with God. The Spirit attunes us to the heartbeat of our people to discover the presence and love of God in everyday life."

I guess it is a call to me today to really choose silence and let the Spirit draw me into an intimate relationship with God."

No comments: