Search This Blog

Monday, February 28, 2011

What I love about St. Madeleine Sophie?


This I thought I had found on the RSCJ International Website, but now cannot find it to tell you who wrote it. It was one of our RSCJs in France, I am sure, but someone gave me a copy without the author's name so I am sharing it with you today:
( I just heard from our wonderful webmaster for the International RSCJ website so this poem is from Marie-Thérèse Théry, published on
http://www.rscjinternational.org/en/spirituality and we do have a search engine.)
What do I love about you, Madeleine Sophie?

The woman of frailty and strength,
The woman tender, yet firm,
The woman demanding and compassionate.

What I love about you is the active woman
Whose activity draws its inspiration
From the Heart of Christ.

What I love about you is the woman of contrasts:
Friend of the humble,
Yet approaching with simplicity
The great ones of the world;
Friend of silence and prayer, forever traveling the roads of Europe
Bringing communities to birth and nurturing them;
You are skilled in loving strongly,
You are skilled in parting too.

What I love about you, Madeleine Sophie,
Is your eagerness to serve families,
Young people and children.
I love your creativity, your dynamism,
The talent for rejuvenation that made you say, at 83:
“The world is changing;
Our Plan of Studies must change too.”

Thank you, Madeleine Sophie,
For seeing beyond your weakness,
And letting the Strength of God
Perform its work in you.

You lead us to a great discovery;
The Fountain of Life itself springs out of a wounded Heart!

This is a real reflection!

No comments: