Search This Blog

Friday, March 23, 2012

All Spring from Union with the Heart of Jesus


I am back to one of my favorite passages in the Constitutions of the Society of the Sacred Heart and one that expresses our spirituality so well:
8.
For us, life, community, apostolic service,
all spring from our union and conformity
with the Heart of Jesus.
This grace of vocation
is a way of conversion and of apostolic fruitfulness.
The pierced Heart of Jesus
opens our being to the depths of God
and to the anguish of humankind.
Jesus draws us into His movement of adoration
of the Father
and love for all, especially those who are poor.
We keep returning to this word of Jesus,
as to a light which gradually transfigures us in His image:
"Learn of Me, because I am gentle and humble of heart."
(Mt. 11:29).


It is only by the grace of my vocation that I get up every day wanting to live in union and conformity with the Heart of Jesus who so loves me. I think this grace extends to anyone who loves Jesus for He is united to us and wants us to realize this. He also "opens our being to the depths of God and to the anguish of humankind."

I am sure many of us feel almost overwhelmed by the anguish of our world today. I shared with some of my friends the other day something that has helped me. I often begin my prayer by holding in my hand a small globe and then just go around the world touching each continent and confiding it to Jesus so that His love and compassion will care for all as I feel so helpless. This has given me a way to pray for the world and I sometimes do the same at the daily Eucharist.
We will continue reflecting on the above passage tomorrow as it is so full!

No comments: