Search This Blog

Monday, March 26, 2012

Christ in Evolution


I know that I have been sharing my experience of reading Ilia Delio's book, "The Emergent Christ" but now I am reading her earlier book "Christ in Evolution" and loving it. It came out in 2008 but I have a 4th edition, 2011 and this is a book that was taught in one of our graduate Christology classes and I thought at the time I heard the students were struggling with it, that I should get the book. Delio is not an easy read but I am finding this book (which I have just begun to read) is something that I would want to have graduate students read and ponder. Delio looks at her own Franciscan tradition with Bonaventure, but also goes to Teilhard de Chardin, Raimon Panikkar, Thomas Merton, and Bede Griffiths to complete her message of Christ at the center of an evolving universe. I will be reading this book slowly and I am still using "The Emergent Christ"!

Today we are celebrating the Feast of the Annunciation so let us ask Mary for a new understanding and deeper relationship with her son, Jesus.

No comments: