Search This Blog

Friday, March 16, 2012

How long have you been loved?


I came across this poem by Robert Morneau and thought I would share it with you today. It is found in a book by him called Reconciliation and I go back to it every once in a while but had forgotten about the poem.

How long have you been loved?
Give me your age and add nine months.
That's how long.
At this very moment-now-
you are been loved,
loved into existence,
loved unto death.

We've all heard the common expression:
"He/she just doesn't get it."

I'm one of those.
When will I get it-
get the insight that I
have been loved for a very long time?
Get the fact that all of us
are full of grace,
beloved and cared for?

Maybe tomorrow?


Now, I think this poem calls for some reflection and we need to accept the truth that many of us do not realize that we are being loved every minute of our life. We will be filled with joy when we do believe this and want to give love to others.

Well, tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day so I hope you all celebrate and know that you are loved!!

1 comment:

Madeleine Vessel said...

Thank you for posting "How long have you been loved?" I am one who has been sustained throughout life by the certain knowledge that I am loved by the One who created me, and I see and feel evidence of that love in my life every day--have done since I was a small child. What a blessing!