Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Stormy Weather


I can no longer remember the words to the song, "Stormy Weather" but I know I liked it. My mother used to hold me up to the window during storms when I was little to show me how beautiful the sky could be even in a storm. Later I found out that she did this so I would not be afraid of storms as that was one of her great childhood fears.

When I read the news I feel that our world is under a siege of stormy weather.
The JPIC booklet that I mentioned before (Journey from Lent to Pentecost) reminds me that "Suffering, our own and that of others in our Earth-community, leads us to the foot of the Cross where the pierced Heart of Jesus opens out being to the depths of God and to the anguish of humankind."

How am I being moved with compassion? What am I doing today to help others?

From the Chapter of 2000 we have this powerful statement: "We are convinced that our lives, given in love, are the strongest expression of our spirituality."

No comments: